Voted Best Answer
Sep 05, 2017 - 08:29 AM
Some COP systems it is easy to pick up a secondary ignition signal with a scope and a COP probe. Other system provide a weak signal at best and still others system provide no secondary signal access. For these system, the use of the COP Extensions can provide access to the secondary signal.
About Coil-on-Plug HT Extension Leads:
Basically, the extensions are spark plug wires that go between the coil and the plug providing access to the secondary signal. https://www.aeswave.com/Coil-on-Plug-...
About the uScope:
· Turn on the uScope.
· Press the OK button and the PopUp menu opens.
· Use the up/down arrow keys to highlight PRESETS and press OK button.
· Use up/down arrow keys to highlight IGNITION
· Use the left/right arrow key to find the file SECDIS-P.
· NOTE: As you press the left or right arrow key the preset filename will be displayed in the top right corner of the display.
· When the correct preset filename is on display press and hold the OK button for two seconds. The preset will load.
· You are now ready to connect capture a secondary waveform. Connect the paddle probe or the chrome clip secondary pickup to the uScope. Press the paddle probe against the plug wire or clip the chrome clip around the plug wire.
· If the signal is upside down, note the INV menu item on the horizontal menu bar at the bottom of the display. Use the left/right arrow key to highlight INV. Use the up/down arrow key to invert the signal as needed.
· To turn off the reference waveform. Most presets include a reference waveform. Sometimes it is best to remove it from view to unclutter the display. Open the Presets menu and highlight REF SHOW. Use the left right arrow key to change the setting to OFF. Press the OPK button to close the menu.