May 13, 2013 - 10:30 AM
The Weakon 78265 Voltage Drop Tester is simpler to operate than the 4406 Load Simulator.
With the Weakon 78265 you just connect to the circuit being tested, turn the unit on, select an amperage draw and read the results, that's it. The 44065 required several selection steps before getting any readings.
78265 Voltage Drop PRO
- Once hooked-up and powered on the tester starts reading voltage immediately.
- At start up the default value for the loaded voltage reading is 1amp.
- The user can, by pressing the up button, select the desired amperage draw up to 20amps in 1amp increments.
- By pressing mode button the voltage loss on each wire is displayed on the same screen.
- The wiggle test feature is always on.
44065 (Discontinued unit)
- Once powered up and connected the user had to navigate to the appropriate selection before actually taking voltage readings.
- At start up the unit had several pre-set selections for lights, wipers, motors, etc. to select from. An additional option was to set the load manually. Once you determined your select you could then initiate the tester to start reading voltages.
- To see the voltage loss on each line the user had to scroll from one screen to the next.
- The wiggle test feature was a separate function that needed to be selected.